Thursday, May 29, 2014

Lone Girl (Wolfling Saga, 2) EXCERPT

Here is a very short excerpt from Chapter 16 in the 2nd book in the Wolfling Saga. (Due for release late June)

[EXCERPT]



“Do you think you had an affair with your teacher, Thomas Stone, because he was the only available mate for miles around?”
I shifted uncomfortably. “I think we would have fallen in love, regardless of the affliction.”
Doctor Kent chuckled a little bit.
“What’s so funny?” I asked, feeling a pink flush creeping up my neck.
“Animals cannot fall in love the same way humans do, Rose.”
“I beg to differ,” I said. “Dogs can love. Chimps, cows and penguins; they all form bonds.”
“Instinct is not the same as love, Rose.”
“To love is instinct,” I replied.

The psychiatrist gave me a false smile. “Over the coming weeks I’d love to talk to you more about your life, experiences and thoughts, Rose. I think there is a lot we can work through together to help you. Many of our patients find therapy extremely beneficial to their mental health.”
“Do you think I'm mentally ill?” I asked.
Doctor Kent pursed his lips. “Early days, Rose. You can’t possibly expect me to give you a diagnosis after one session, can you?”
I shrugged. At least he hadn’t deemed me certifiably insane immediately. That was something.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment