Monday, April 9, 2012

Flamethroat Sneak Peek

Human Propaganda Poster that will feature in 'Flamethroat'



 !SPOILERS!
 Excerpt from 'flamethroat' book 2 in the fire mage trilogy
 
Red posters lined the street, wrapped around lamp-posts, pasted onto bricks, and stuck on shop windows. Not an inch of space was free from the red poster, yet even this was done in a neat and orderly fashion.
Jack and I walked up to one of the posters that was pasted onto the side of a barber, and read together.

HUMANS ARE THREATENING THE WAY OF MAGEKIND.

We moved onto the next poster and found it read something different.

YOUR HUMAN MAY BE PLOTTING AGAINST YOU.

All around us there were posters with different slogans, in enormous red lettering. As I read each one, I felt sicker by the minute.

REGISTER YOUR HUMAN BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE.

BE RESPONSIBLE – DON’T LET YOUR HUMANS BREED.

‘It’s sick.’ I said to Jack, ‘It’s all sick.’ A burning, acidic feeling welled inside my throat. I felt as though I wanted to vomit, ‘is this how everyone views humans?’

No comments:

Post a Comment